SureSync is a file replication and synchronization solution developed by Software Pursuits, which allows organizations to manage data that needs to be available to their end users continuously, as well as providing effective file protection, distribution, sharing and migration. It also enables companies to share local files between remote locations and distribute files to remote offices.
Pixel IT have been working with Software Pursuits for a number of years and are the exclusive distributors in Australia for SureSync. The SureSync solution comes in various forms, suitable for all types of working environments:
SureSync Standard provides replication and synchronization of files on command or scheduled to both Windows, and non-Windows machines using UNC path, FTP or SFTP access.
SureSync Pro offers Real-time replication and synchronization. Working between centrally located servers on a LAN, or remotely across a WAN.
SureSync Collaboration gets rid of slow, remote file access. Providing real-time synchronization of file changes between sites, and lock file copies as they are edited.
SureSync SQL Protection provides an automated solution for protecting critical Microsoft SQL databases.
SureSync Endpoint ensures files are protected no matter where workforces are located.
Delta File Updates
Improve Data Availability
File Server Migration
File Server Consolidation
Global File Sharing
Upgrade to version 8:
SureSync’s basic operating system and hardware requirements are:
• Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012 R2; Windows Server 2012; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2003 R2; Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later; Windows 10; Windows 8.1; Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; and Windows XP with SP2 or later
• Processor: Minimum: 1Ghz (x86 processor) or 1.4Ghz (x64 processor). Recommended: 2Ghz or faster processor (x86 or x64 processor)
• RAM (total for system): 1GB (Minimum); 2GB (Recommended)
• Hard Disk: 30MB for application files; 20MB+ for database
• Display: 1024×768 high color, 32-bit (Minimum)
SureSync can synchronize data to and from machines running operating systems such as Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and non-Windows machines such as Macintosh and Linux machines via UNC path, but the software itself must be installed on one of the supported operating systems listed above.
SureSync can be run on Windows operating systems hosted in virtualization software such as VMWare or Hyper-V without issue. Each virtual machine involved in the synchronization / replication requires appropriate licensing.
SureSync requires a database that is used to store configuration information. The following formats are supported:
• Microsoft Access (default)
• SQL Express 2005 / SQL Express 2008 / SQL Express 2012 / SQL Express 2014
• SQL Server 2005 / SQL Server 2008 / SQL Server 2012 /SQL Server 2014
To achieve optimal performance, a SQL database is strongly recommended for setups using multi-directional Rule types, environments with more than 50 Jobs defined, or environments where hundreds of thousands of files will be processed.
SureSync requires a number of Microsoft components to be installed on the system. The installer will inspect your system for these components and offer to upgrade or install them as needed.
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (Windows 2003/XP)
• Microsoft MDAC 2.8 Refresh with Service Pack 1
• Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 14.0 (Visual Studio 2015)
• Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
• Microsoft XML Parser 6.0
• Microsoft Jet 4.0 with Service Pack 8
About Pixel IT
Pixel IT is an Australian software solutions provider that has been established for 25 years. With software ranging from desktop management, high level security and device control, asset and inventory management, data storage, classroom management, disaster recovery, performance and optimization, Pixel IT provides solutions to meet a wide range of client needs. The company prides itself on providing clients with a holistic one-stop professional service including Technical Support, Customer Service and Maintenance.
Quick Link Menu Items